« Bush - the Spin on Iraq | Main | New Tammy Shower Video! »
Sunday
Apr092006

Australian War Games

231239-310323-thumbnail.jpg
click to blow up!
This is pretty slick. If anything's gonna convince youngsters to join the Forces it's this ADF: Aviator - a downloadable game from the Australian Defence Forces.

"As a pilot in the Australian Defence Force you will face challenges, just like these...

Based on real-life operations, ADF: Aviator places you in the pilot's seat of some of today's most advanced aviation machines. Spanning across the globe, you will take part in modern combat missions in all types of conditions, from the raging sea to the arid desert where dust storms cloud your vision (and your morals).

As a Navy pilot, you will take control of the S-70B Seahawk helicopter (hoping that it's been serviced properly and the fucking rotor doesn't drop off) and take part in an off-shore operation assisting an allied warship. Once the wounded have been rescued, you will chase down those responsible for the attack and assist your side gunner in shooting the crap out of their ship - fucking towelheads that they are.

Harnessing the power of the ARH Tiger, you will investigate an enemy fuel depot that is believed to have become a weapons cache, take on RPG wielding troops and toast their arses.

Piloting the F/A-18 Hornet, you will take part in a strike mission on an enemy airfield and shoot the fuck out of it. The enemy quickly responds by launching their crap fighters, to achieve victory you must chase them down ( a no-brainer) while avoiding missiles from the frigging SAM sites below."

The creators of the Australian Defence Force ADF: Aviator have announced that the title has been downloaded more than 7,000 times since its launch last October.

69% of the game's downloads have come from players between the ages of 13 and 25, with most of these falling between 13 and 19. Of these, 91.6 percent were male, while the remaining 8.4 percent were female. No surprises there, then.

A new version of ADF: Aviator is in the works currently, and will feature joystick support, keyboard remapping and rotor wash effects. Wow! With more varied aircraft and missions, as well as more detailed environments. I can't wait to get little Charlie one of these. Get 'em young, I say.

There you go Byrnes and Mountjoy - you can pull yourselves silly over this one.

PrintView Printer Friendly Version

EmailEmail Article to Friend

Reader Comments (2)

That looks fricken amazing lambe. Will have to get myself one of those downloaded as soon as I get my broadband!

Also, surprised that you haven't posted a story about www.helpmewinmybet.com
April 10, 2006 | Unregistered CommenterUncle B
Fuck his bet. Couldn't care less. But thanks for the tip, Newman.
April 10, 2006 | Unregistered Commenterdick breath

PostPost a New Comment

Enter your information below to add a new comment.
Author Email (optional):
Author URL (optional):
Post:
 
All HTML will be escaped. Hyperlinks will be created for URLs automatically.