I just came across this post over at Princeton blog bq. 365sketches is a project about design, open source, and community. The project started as a way for me to do just one thing each day to better myself as a designer. It turned into a way for me to share ideas and techniques with hundreds of people every day. By using free and open source software, I was able to maintain the project with no monetary costs, while creating objects of personal and community value. The process for publishing has been refined and modified over time, and provides me with a relatively simple way to share my work with a lot of people in just a few clicks. I hope that you’ll consider participating in the project. The best way is to subscribe to the site at http://365sketches.org or if you’re on Facebook, join the page at http://www.facebook.com/365sketches
1. www.ChildrenSlaughter.com Children Slaughter (Childrens laughter) - now redirects to www.childrens-laughter.org LOL
2. www.PenisLand.net Penis Land (Pen Island) - "Welcome to Pen Island! The best pens on the internet!" - server down. Blame Frank Kern
3. www.rim.jobs - Rim Jobs - server down but was a real site for Research In Motion. Tasty
4. www.BuildersCrap.com Builders Crap (Builder Scrap) - "Saving the environment, saving costs" - right
5. www.PowerGenitalia.com Power Genitalia(Power Gen Italia) - "under construction" - something's going up
6. www.WhorePresents.com Whore Presents (Who Represents) - celebrity contact list - call a whore
7. www.ExpertSexChange.com Expert Sex Change (Experts Exchange) - parked site - M.I.A.
8. www.TheRapistFinder.com The Rapist Finder (Therapist Finder) - now redirects to www.CounselingCalifornia.com - gee, just when I was looking for a good rapist too.
9. www.SpeedoFart.com Speedo Fart (Speed of Art) - advertising fart directors
10. www.MichaelsPornAnimation.com Michaels Porn Animation (Michael Sporn Animation) - "great videos for kids"
Carla Bruni - married to French President Nicholas Sarkozy - with a cover of the David Bowie hit "Absolute Beginners". I found this through an article on The Telegraph - that crap right-wing Tory rag from the U.K. And comme d'habitude they slag her off - saying
Judging by initial reactions, the French first lady’s version of Absolute Beginners, which has been leaked on the internet, may well sink a large nail into her already flagging pop singing career.
The version of Bowie’s 1986 classic, which she has recorded for a charity Bowie tribute album, has prompted a deluge of mockery.
"Deluge of mockery" huh? That's funny...I live in Paris and this is the first I've heard of it.
“It has to go down as one of the worst covers in the history of rock, although there are certainly a few by Tom Jones I would rank lower,” said Jean Daniel Beauvallet, a highly respected rock critic from Les Inrockuptibles, France’s Rolling Stone._
“I find the cover insignificant, a rush-job, badly recorded and badly produced as if done between a cigar and a glass of eau de vie.”_
Au contraire. I find it charming. I like the under-production. A lot of French Rock is over-produced.
“But above all, what’s incredible is the casual manner in which she goes about taking on Bowie. One has the impression she’s putting on an existentialist French sulk, as if she doesn’t want to be there.”
Cool by me. The French are good at that.
He said: “There’s a Marie-Antoinette side to her, I find it incredible she doesn’t realise that she can’t sing now, she doesn’t have the right to when the country is on the verge or exploding and she is Sarkozy’s wife. Can you imagine Cherie Blair or Samantha Cameron doing that?”_
Ah, no...I can't. Cherie Fucking Blair probably can't sing a note and is an ugly dog anyway.
The "Absolute Beginners" track is part of the album "We Were So Turned On" which has been produced for War Child International - a network of worldwide independent organisations to help children affected by war.
So fuck the Brits and their Telegraph. You rock Carla!